Lifetime Contribution Nominees must meet the following criteria to be considered for this Higher Education SIG Award:
- Person must be a long-time member of CIES, with a minimum of ten years in a postgraduate capacity
- Person must be a member of the Highter Education SIG
- Person must show evidence of regular presentation on international higher education at CIES regional, national or international meetings.
- Person must have a history of work in the field of domestic or international higher education that spans a minimum of 20 years. This can be at any post-secondary institution, NGO, or other position that supports international higher education.
- Person must have a history of publications and work in the field of international higher education.
Lifetime Contribution Award Recipients
- 2009 Recipient: Ruth Hayhoe, University of Toronto
- 2010 Recipient: Philip G. Altbach, Boston College
- 2011 Recipients: Hans G. Schuetze, University of British Columbia and Jürgen Schriewer, Humboldt University
- 2012 Recipient: Val D. Rust, University of California, Los Angeles
- 2013 Recipient: William K. Cummings, George Washington University
- 2014 Recipient: Daniel Levy, University at Albany – SUNY
- 2015 Recipient: Gerard A. Postiglione, University of Hong Kong
- 2016 Recipient: David Chapman, University of Minnesota